The North Carolina A&T State University Alumni Association, Incorporated announces the call for nominations for the 2018 Aggie Alumni National Convention Awards.
The Aggie Alumni National Convention will award distinguished alumni of North Carolina A&T State University with the following awards: Alumni Lifetime Achievement Award, Young Alumni Entrepreneur Award, Alumni Humanitarian Award, Young Alumni Award for Professional Achievement, Outstanding Undergraduate Alumni Award, Outstanding Alumni Chapter Award, Howard C. Barnhill Distinguished Service Award, Julie S. Brooks Achievement Award, Velma R. Speight Young Alumnus Award (Under 40)
Nominees for all of these awards are not required to be affiliated with an alumni chapter; however, all awards share the following requirements. Note: Also see additional requirements for each award under AWARD DESCRIPTIONS.
- Must be a graduate of North Carolina A&T State University
- Three (3) Letters of support/references that display respect, ideals, and character that coincide with that of NC A&T State University Alumni Association
- Has a history of demonstrative giving and has made a donation to the alumni association and/or university for two consecutive years prior to being nominated.
- Must have rendered outstanding service to NC A&T State University, the Alumni Association, his/her local Alumni Chapter and/or have outstanding achievement in his/her profession, community or public service
- Award Nominations will be open from February 1st through April 1st, 2018.
- Completed nomination forms must be submitted online, including photograph, and must be made via the 2018 Aggie Alumni National Convention website.
- Nominations forms must be completed in its entirety to be eligible for consideration.
- Current members of the Board of Directors of the NC A&T State University Alumni Association are not eligible for these awards.
- Previous recipients are not eligible for the same category.
- Completed nomination forms must be received by the North Carolina A&T Alumni Association, Inc. on/before 11:59 PM EST April 1, 2018.
Awards will be presented during the 2018 Aggie Alumni National Convention Scholarship and Awards Gala on Saturday June 9, 2018 at convention headquarters -The Westin Buckhead in Atlanta, Georgia. Award recipients will be notified by May 1, 2018.